Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pelosi Math

The proponents of the transaction tax claim it will raise $150 billion dollars based on their math. Of course, if their proposal could be retroactively applied, the firm of Sullivan Crouth Trading, a proverbial "flea on the elephants ass" of U.S. trading, would owe the Feds $125 billion for the last 10 years. Wait a second while I get my checkbook-- I usually sign the checks on the dashboard. I think that makes three things clear; the proposal is absolutely ridiculous, the politicians who back it are either brain dead or liars, and Pelosi and that guy from Oregon could not care less about creating jobs.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more. Loved the reference to the Blues Brothers!

    Came to your blog from your comments on the Volokh.com thread. I am also a trader and interested in economic / legal issues and though it'd be fun to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ScatterGood. Just saw your comment now as I haven't used the blog to vent in awhile. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

    ReplyDelete